Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Project Superfriends

Growing up in the mid 80's and early 90's I had the great pleasure of having some of the best Saturday Morning Cartoons in the history of ever! Especially once Cartoon Network showed up and brought a lot of the cartoons I was too young to enjoy when they were on back to the forefront. Everything from Thundercats and GI Joe to Scooby Doo and Josie and the Pussycats. If it was animated, I was in! Among all of those amazing animated treasure was a little show called Superfriends! The cartoon showcased some of DC Comics finest super heroes facing off against some of its most dastardly villains.

The shows roster changed through each of its itinerations. Each one adding a character or two to the main roster.

These characters ranged from the useless...


To the obscure...


To the downright stereotypical (I mean seriously, Apache Chief??)
All of that being said, the show really hit a chord with me. It struck a nerve as a young boy and opened my eyes to this world of Super Powered beings! To be honest, this show pretty much sent me down the road of geeky, nerdy goodness that I've been on ever since.

So, given how important this show was to me, I have decided to start a series of drawings which I entitled "Project Superfriends" I will most as many as I can, when the time becomes available. By the end of his project, I plan to have drawn every hero that has ever made an appearance on Superfriends, or any of its later titles. (Yes, that means even Marvin, Wendy and Wonderdog) So without further ado, I give you the first offering of "Project Superfriends!" Enjoy


FIRESTORM

GREEN LANTERN

THE FLASH


AQUAMAN

BATMAN

PLASTIC MAN

GREEN ARROW

MARTIAN MANHUNTER

HAWKMAN

CYBORG

SHAZAM!

RED TORNADO

SAMURAI

There's more to come so stay tuned. And thanks for reading!

















No comments:

Post a Comment