Monday, March 7, 2016

The Obligatory Introduction

Hi there! Thanks for finding your way over to my blog, Building A Hero! I know, I know, you're thinking "Wow! What an amazing title for a blog! This guy must be some kind of super amazing writer!" Well please, hold your applause. No need to get crazy. (OK, but I didn't expect to hear crickets!) 

In all honesty, this is my very first crack at blogging (Shocking I know!). I've wanted to do something along these lines for a long while now, and with some much needed nudging from my lovely wife, I finally sat down and started one. 

So what is this blog? What is the content you can expect to receive? What words of wisdom will I be dropping on you from the World Wide Web? The truthful answer is that, I'm not really sure. 

I've been told that one should write about what they know, and well, I know quite a bit about a lot of things...mostly things based in Pop Culture. I'm sort of a Geek of all trades, if you will. There are quite a lot of things that interest me. I dabble quite a bit in the fantasy/science fiction world. Anything from Star Wars to Harry Potter, Batman to Dr. Who, the Wizard of Oz to Peter Pan and pretty much anything in between, or in the far reaches of space and time. So expect some entries on those subjects as we go along.

As I create this blog, I have several I ideas floating through my head. I feel as thought I could do lots of things on here, and as time progresses, we will see which of those ideas come to fruition. Some of them include, movie reviews, posting pics of my artwork, talking about and reviewing Lego sets (Yep, I'm an AFOL (more on that later)), and hopefully sharing some words about my adventures in raising my little girl.

So if you came here looking for commentary on religious and political topics, or you're looking for the scoop on what Justin Bieber is up to these days, well, you should have been redirected by now. If by chance you're still here, thank you! I hope to make this something you will enjoy reading and add a little bit of fun to your day.


So follow me, if you dare, into the wardrobe, through the looking glass, down the yellow brick road and straight on til morning to a world of fantasy and fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment